Thursday, February 05, 2009

Snow reports and the economy

Now I know it's not just me, but why does the work-place grind to a halt when a little white stuff appears on the ground? Trains have been cancelled, traffic chaos, no buses and in Cambridge, cycle paths are not gritted!! What ever happened to getting up earlier, taking your time, going slowly and taking responsibility for yourself if you fall (says she who fell off her bike on Monday).

On a day when there's yet more snow, the bank of England announce a further cut in interest rates. Great for my mortgage, but lousy for the ISA I was going to set up as the rates have dropped.

So which do you focus on? The travel chaos... or the delight children (and some adults) have taken in the snow? Grin & bear it, real snow doesn't happen that often!

And as for the economy, at a risk of repeating my last post - take a look at the opportunities. I for one remain thankful for my reducing mortgage and choose not to lament the loss of credit interest rates - for after all there's so very little I can do about it right now.

Keep smiling - it's good for you :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home